Rules To Avoid Lifting Injuries
Every year thousands of people suffer structural health problems as a result of lifting incorrectly. Use the rules of proper lifting on your job, at home and at play.
· Size up object a plant feet solidly about 12”-18” apart.
· Kneel in front of object and lift as you straighten up.
· Lift with big muscles of legs, thighs, arms and shoulders, not the spine.
· Get help with large or awkward objects. Use mechanical lifting devices if load is too heavy.
· Have a clear vision of your path. Clear away items in advance to avoid tripping.
· Use common sense and never try to lift more than you can handle.